Tuesday, October 25, 2005

karfrana

i dreamed...

It had got colder, the summers hotter, everyone around me ignored it and said the weather fluctuates now and then, and it will get better. But it didn't, it got worse. people started to move in together, and opperate as a small community, staying warm in the winter, saving water and keeping in shade in the summer. There was some who rebeled, mostly young men, who went off alone, they never came back. there was no problem with religons clashing, we all prayed together, in our different ways, but together.

Months went past, we hardly went out anymore. we being I and community I was in. Every few months, someone would go outside, see if anything had changed. One time it was my turn, I went with Sami. I was excited as Heather and Jonu tied my wraps, I longed to be outside.

We stepped out..

*****************************

I awoke, it was cold, where am I? I thought. I looked around me, all I could see was white. After awhile my eyes focused, there was a wall..I was in a small room. why? there was a continuos noise like a rushing crashing sound. The last thing I could remember was stepping out from our home. I looked around me, the door, I opened it and, Sami! he was lying on the floor, I shook him, he awoke and smiled at me.

I was so glad to see him, we searched the room, there was a computer but it wasn't working, the screen we couldn't get it to work. We found a book, it seemed to be a manual..we were in a pod! how did we get here? how do we get out? I gave the manual to Sami and signed to him to pack it and anything else, we are leaving. He agreed, and pointed to the suits in the corner, they looked warm. We put them on. I climbed up and opened the hatch, there was another small round door a few feet ahead of us. I moved carefully, I was stiff. I looked down, Sami smiled reassuringly. I put my hand out on the handle and pulled it back quickly it was cold, very cold. I used my sleeve and opened the door..

Cold water rushed at me, so that was what the noise was I thought. I pushed myself against the water, and lost balance, I fell... there was nothing.. which felt like a year as I was falling, then I hit the water, was so cold, but with the suit I felt warm. I could hear Sami's voice and a splash as he landed beside me. I found his hand, and swam to shore, well a rock I could see nearby.

We sat and looked at the waterfall. The pod must have been inside it. I could hardly see it. Around us were snowy mountains, and green trees! we dropped our stuff and just gazed around us. Their was still a frosty nip in the air.

We found a cave and stayed there for weeks, ate the fruit that we found, and Sami went and killed some small animals for us to eat. Then we found the others. more pods, and then we met a group of adults and young ones. They were like us, with no knowledge of were we were if this was earth, or why. But we had each other.

We stayed together. And eventully settled in a place not far from the lake, in shelter of the trees. We built huts, hunted, there were deer like creatures, and birds I have never seen before. I stayed with Sami, we not ask each other, it just felt right.

...

thats it i woke up :)

was a wonderful dream, I saw my whole life there. i could feel the cold and the smells were real, i could taste and think. i woke up and felt older.

small note: i was 17 and called karfrana in the dream, Sami was 19 and mute, my best friend, then later my husband. we had a cat, called Abi. Heather and Jonu were my adopted parents.

No comments: